Four Competencies Covered
The English for International Hospitality course is a set of courses separated into the four language competencies of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Rather than focusing on specific procedures, it is aimed at staff who wish to improve their all-round fluency and general hospitality or mixed department language skills as well as prepare for the TOEIH test.
After the course, successful participants will have a thorough knowledge of the TOEIH test and how to apply the skills from the test to service encounters. They will also have developed the language competency studied (speaking, listening, reading or writing) and practiced useful examples of increasing fluency in this competency.
Each course focuses on a separate competency – speaking, listening, reading or writing. The emphasis is on fluency, with attention to accuracy, grammar, vocabulary, structure and function. and pronunciation. TOEIH evaluates both language ability and the relevance of the communication to a guest.
- Improve fluency of communication
- Improve grammatical accuracy of communication
- Learn specific language for dealing with guest needs
- Recognise detail and gist in communications with guests
- Practice fluency and accuracy with real examples
- Include polite service language in all encounters
- Develop a wide range of hotel related vocabulary
- Mixed department classes with levels
- Hotels who want to evaluate staff language competency
- Hotels who want to focus on scoring and testing
- More advanced students (intermediate and above)
- Classes focused on a particular language skill (e.g. writing)
- Hotels who want to set goals and targets with benchmarks
- Students who want to improve grammatical accuracy
- 30 hours including testing
- 1 book for each language skill (e.g. reading)
- All TOEIH sections covered per book
- Either 1 or 1.5 hour class sessions
- Intermediate to Advanced
- All departments
- All positions
- One complete TOEIH test included
- Speaking: 15 minutes (one on one)
- Listening: 30 minutes (group)
- Reading: 50 minutes (group)
- Writing: 40 minutes (group)
- Results sheets provided for each student
- Test examples
- Fluency exercises
- New vocabulary exercises
- Picture activities
- Real life hotel documents
- Real TOEIH test questions and examples
- Two complete, free TOEIH tests per competency
- Practice exercises for guest encounters from the test
- Ideal for mixed departments, competency learning (e.g. writing) and larger groups
- All departments and positions
What Client’s Say
Great experience in hotel training, very knowledgeable and a wide variety of services. Our team have benefited enormously from Five Star Training.
Thank you so much for your effort here at Centara Grand Hua Hin, we have had excellent results in such a short time the proof is in the mystery guest scores.
I would like to recommend this team and trainer to anyone who wanted language teaching. Their performance and program has been extremely professional and helpful at all times.